2012/02/25

2012 02 25 Sketching Santo Niño Shrine

View of the sculpture between The Santo Niño Shrine. Tried practicing my soft pastels white stark contrast with the black paper.


Second attempt with the black paper. Needs more practice.

Last attempt on black paper, bit more like carving on this one. 
This was a little cute store at the right side of the Shrine. It was hidden behind a demolished façade. I did it in ink a medium I am more confident in to capture the quirkiness of this contrast.  
Took some time to interact with people around. Always nice.




All in all I cannot complain about the first Urban Sketchers Philippines group session in Tacloban City. I was able to coral  an old friend into drawing so that's a win in my book . I hope next time more would be able to join us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment