2012/06/17

Review : Prometheus


I loved this movie. No ratings, no stars, I just love it. From director to cast. I don't really have that much of a problem with Lindelof because I never finished Lost. With all the vitriol he's getting on the internet I do fear for the future of another franchise hes penned. He seems like a nice guy on The Nerdist Podcasts. 

I did not see this in 3D, and having seen it twice now, I wish I had. I could see the intention of the technology used, just like How to Train Your Dragon. *sigh*

I have never seen the original Alien on the big screen. The first time I saw it may have been on TV. Lately I've been rewatching it on my computer. That's not really the best way to see it especially with the ships trying to look heavy, and the landing scenes. "All the excitement of parking." Did I mention I've been rewatching it with Rifftrax? That's probably not good too.
But seeing the original with my limited knowledge of the craft I could see, again, intention. I may never get to experience what most of you got when you saw it for the first time, in the theater, in colour. So when Ridley Scott comes back to not only a genre, but a franchise he helped create I was on board and rode that enthusiasm to the cinema. 

David stole the show, every time he was on screen I just knew he was going to do something, probably on orders or on his own. Hello HAL is that you?

And who would anyone here pick to take out to dinner; The Ice Queen(Vickers) or The Nun(Shaw)? This was really the toughest question on my mind after the movie. 

 

^^For anyone with anymore questions about the movie, her are a few answers

2 comments:

  1. Nice review. I was entertained, to say the least, but I think I was expecting something so much better after all of the promotion for this flick. Maybe it was too much like Alien.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's actually an interesting point. Most of the reviews of Prometheus look to the differences between this and Alien, when there are actually a lot of similarities in the pacing and structure.

      Delete